Monday 4 April 2016

☻(SOLVED) Virtual-Box No USB devices connected after upgrade ubuntu♥


Problem solved! :D
I don’t know why this happened, but I will post it since it might be useful for other users with the same problem.
My user was included to the vboxusers group from before, and I have verified that via the Users and Groupd GUI application. It showed it OK, but USBs still wouldn’t work.
I verified the same thing via “id” command line, and I was not included in the vboxusers group. :shock:
Then I edited the /etc/group file and found that it looked OK, with this at the end:
……
fabian:x:1000:
sambashare:x:124:fabian
vboxusers:x:125:fabian
I simply changed the contents of the file not to have vboxusers at the end of it, to:
….
fabian:x:1000:
vboxusers:x:125:fabian
sambashare:x:124:fabian
After doing this, everything started to work as it was supposed to… :P
Is this a bug in the new Ubuntu 13.10?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Friend ♥